In the latest instalment of our employee Q&A, we chat to Charlotte Walker, Riverside’s office manager, on her favourite thing about the job, how her colleagues might describe her, and her top tip for someone looking to purchase a waste baler…
Name: Charlotte Walker
Role: Office manager
1. Briefly describe your role:
I’m responsible for the day-to-day running of the office, in addition to dealing with new enquiries and speaking to established customers.
I also maintain regular contact with Riverside’s PR team – I try to keep a firm grip on what’s going on in every area of the business!
2. How long have you been with the company?
Only since the start of November – but it’s already flown!
3. What’s the best thing about your job?
The fact that I’m involved in the family business – as the partner of Riverside’s MD, Jonathan Oldfield. I therefore have a vested interest in my role, and a true desire for company success!
4. Describe Riverside Waste Machinery in three words:
Customer-focused, connected and flexible (so maybe that’s 4!)
5. What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining the team?
I suppose an ongoing result to note would be starting to learn an entirely new job role from scratch in the middle of a pandemic – with current circumstances resulting in lots of time away from the office too. It’s a work-in-progress achievement – I’m certainly looking forward to some normality in the future!
6. What top tip would you give to someone thinking of purchasing a waste baler?
Have an idea as to what your goal is in making the purchase, i.e saving money, helping the environment, increasing factory space or encouraging a more productive workforce – this will ultimately help us to recommend the best machine for you.
7. What one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
And finally, some more light-hearted questions…
8. What’s your favourite food?
I don’t usually discriminate, but if I’m pushed I’d have to say chocolate!
9. How do you relax on a weekend?
At the minute, our weekends involve a lot of walking, but I also love a true crime/murder thriller type of TV series.
10. What’s the one thing you couldn’t live without?
Surely I’m a bad mum if I don’t answer this question with ‘my kids’! Sorry Jonathan!