In the next instalment of our employee Q&A, we speak to office administrator Sharon Draper about her role, her biggest work achievement so far and how she would describe the company…
Name: Sharon Draper
Role: Office administrator
1. Briefly describe your role:
As the office administrator for Riverside, I carry out a number of varied tasks to help ensure the smooth and efficient running of internal processes. I provide general administrative support to staff, as well as being the first point of contact for all customers and suppliers.
2. How long have you been with the company?
I am now into my third month here but it feels like much longer – time flies when you are having fun!
3. What’s the best thing about your job?
It’s too hard to choose! I love the flexibility, the team I work alongside and the relaxed atmosphere here. But above all, I thoroughly enjoy the work I do.
4. Describe Riverside Waste Machinery in three words:
5. What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining the team?
Getting here in the snow in my second week! On a more serious note, getting to grips with the new challenges facing me – and relishing them!
6. What top tip would you give to someone thinking of purchasing a baler?
Honestly – to get in touch with Riverside and find out about the wide range of options available!
7. What one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
And finally, some more light-hearted questions…
8. What’s your favourite food?
I practically like anything that’s edible ….. but I do really love seafood and steak.
9. How do you relax on a weekend?
When I’m not entertaining my young daughter, I can be found frantically cleaning my house, and listening to loud music!
10. What’s the one thing you couldn’t live without?
My iPhone and gin – sorry, I know that’s two things!