In the next instalment of our employee Q&A, we chat to Mic Harrison, Riverside’s lead service engineer, on his biggest work achievement, his favourite part of the job, and what he couldn’t live without…
Name: Mic Harrison
Role: Lead service engineer
1. Briefly describe your role:
As the lead service engineer here at Riverside, my main responsibilities include installing and commissioning our machinery, repairing, servicing and reporting on the effectiveness of client equipment, and delivering staff training. Much of my work is carried out off-site.
2. How long have you been with the company?
Just shy of 2 years – it’s flown!
3. What’s the best thing about your job?
Undoubtedly, it’s the complete variety. I really enjoy getting out and about in the Riverside van, speaking to a range of customers and assisting them in the different ways I can solve their problems with our bespoke solutions.
4. Describe Riverside Waste Machinery in three words:
Family oriented, honest.
5. What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining the team?
Helping to ensure a quicker turnaround for clients and contributing to the growth of Riverside!
6. What top tip would you give to someone thinking of purchasing a baler?
Give Riverside a call, our experience is undeniable.
7. What one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
And finally, some more light-hearted questions…
8. What’s your favourite food?
Steak – the bloodier the better!
9. How do you relax on a weekend?
Spending time with the family or being out in the rolling countryside on my motorbike!
10. What’s the one thing you couldn’t live without?
The kids (and of course my wife).