In this latest instalment of our employee Q&A, we hear from Riverside’s MD Jonathan Oldfield about his favourite part of the job, his top tip for someone thinking of investing in a baler, and how he relaxes away from work…
Name: Jonathan Oldfield
Role: Managing director
1. Briefly describe your role:
As Riverside’s MD, my role is to keep the company ticking over nicely! I play an advisory role for companies looking to invest in waste machinery, assist in sales of the balers and help maintain relationships with clients following any purchase, large or small.
2. How long have you been with the company?
For 16 years! It certainly doesn’t feel that long, although I can’t actually imagine life before Riverside now.
3. What’s the best thing about your job?
I absolutely love the variety – no two days are the same. I enjoy chatting to people – whether it be customers or suppliers – and showing them how much money can be saved through investment in a baler. I like getting involved in the sales side of the business, and I get to dip my toe into the marketing of the company too!
4. Describe Riverside Waste Machinery in three words:
Genuine, trustworthy, forward-thinking.
5. What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining the team?
Watching the company grow and playing a major part in the success of the brand. I’m proud of how we have moved with the times yet stayed true to our ethos, and a major highlight for me was taking over the running of Riverside back in 2011.
6. What top tip would you give to someone thinking of purchasing a baler?
Speak to us for advice!
7. What one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
And finally, some more light-hearted questions…
8. What’s your favourite food?
Anything off the barbeque, so I’ve been taking advantage of this amazing weather!
9. How do you relax on a weekend?
Anything family-orientated with my wife and children, quite often with that barbeque roaring!
10. What’s the one thing you couldn’t live without?
The internet, as our business has now become extremely digitally-minded and we’ve invested so much in technology.